Interpersonal Excellence – Managing People and Developing Relationships
Leading People Series – Management Planning Tools
This article by lumenlearning.com is useful to managers and leaders at all levels, this is an excellent introduction to management planning and planning tools covering all the essential points you need for effective business planning. Clear and easy to follow with a useful video explanation to add to the information in the article. The areas covered are useful to leaders and managers at all levels and cover:
- Long-term, short-term plans, and operational plans.
- Standing plans and single-use plans.
- Policies, procedures, and regulations which impact operational plans.
- Budgets and the planning process.
- Forecasting, scenario planning, and contingency planning.
- Management by objectives” (MBO), SMART goals, and benchmarking in planning.
You can read the full article below Types of Plans and Common Planning Tools (External link)